Looking for easy-to-grow trees for your home orchard? Choose from these apple, peach, pear, plum, and cherry varieties that...
Fruit Tree Web Sites & Videos
Please consult these resources to learn more about growing fruit trees. Also see fruit tree books.
- Cornell Fruit Resources: Tree Fruit
- Penn State Extension: Tree Fruit and Small Fruit Production
- Washington State University: Backyard Fruit Trees
- University of Illinois Extension: Small Fruit Crops for the Backyard
- Cornell Cooperative Extension: Local Offices (New York State)
- Cornell Guide to Growing Fruit at Home (PDF), Cornell Cooperative Extension
- A Grower's Guide to Organic Apples (PDF), Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Fruit Production for the Home Gardener (PDF), Penn State Extension
- Tree Fruit Production Guide (PDF), Penn State Extension
- How to Graft Apple Trees, Seed Savers Exchange
- T-Budding Apple Trees, Warren Kerruish
- Orchard Management: Site Planning and Preparation: Penn State Exension Online Course
- Orchard Management: Cultivars, Rootstocks, and Training Systems: Penn State Exension Online Course
A few things we're loving right now...
A highly flavored, late-season dessert apple, perfect for organic production.
A hardy pear with exceptionally good flavor.
These apples and pears were grown in North America during the Colonial Era and through the time of the American...